We'd like to thank everyone involved for helping to make this year's OCF retreat the best one yet! We started the night with a wonderful dinner prepared by OCF members. Followed by snacks, games, and an eventful game Sardines. The next day started off with a delicious breakfast that led into our morning retreat of silence. During the retreat of silence OCF was encouraged to find somewhere to silently meditate on and worship the Lord. During a retreat participants are encouraged to set aside time for God by reading scripture, talking to the Lord, and meditating in a journal. We ended the trip with a prayer session and lunch :) Thanks again to everyone for the fellowship and memories, keep watching the calendar for more OCF events!
Its the beginning of the fall semester and so far OCF is off to a great start! We've met a lot of really cool freshmen during orientation week, welcomed everyone back with a worship jam, and even sent a group of OCF embers to Akron, Ohio for the Ohio CORE meeting.
There's a lot of new things going on in OCF this semester. Some of them have been changes in leadership and some are new plans and ideas that we intend to incorporate. Here's a list of some of the things that will be happening this semester.
1. We'll be having OCF in a new room. We won't be in the AJLC anymore, instead we wil meet in Wilder 112.
2. We're in the process of creating a prayer box for both members and non-members to use.
3. We plan to incorporate new and more ways to have music and worship in Large Group.
4. In Large Group we will be more clearly connecting issures to what the Bible says about them. We tried to do this last semester, but were not very effective. This semester we will be better about that.
5. There will be more activities outside of Large and Small Groups. We are in the process of planning study groups, exercise groups, and movie nights.
We're pretty excited about these changes, and we hope you are too.